Your website is one of the strongest marketing tools for your business. That’s why you should keep it useful and interesting at all times. Many factors contribute to the success of a website, and design is one of them. However, as web trends come and go, your website’s design or functionality might not be on par with the current technological standards, especially if you haven’t made major changes to it in years. Listed below are ten big reasons to redesign your website.
10 reasons to redesign your website
- You’ve gone through a rebranding process. Your website must match your company’s changes during the rebranding process. When redesigning your website, ensure your brand’s visuals are reflected in your website.
- It can’t be updated easily with content. Most sites built today are based on a Content Management System (CMS) that makes it simple to add new content. When redesigning your website, be sure it is being rebuilt on a CMS. This way, whenever you need to freshen up your content with something relevant, a CMS will allow you to do it easily. You won’t have to depend on a developer to edit code.
- It’s not responsive. Having a website that works well on all platforms, such as desktop, mobile, and tablet is essential in various aspects. Google has stated that over 60% of its searches happen on mobile devices. That says a lot about the importance of having a mobile-friendly website.
- It’s out of date. Web technology has evolved rapidly in recent years, and it’s continuing to do so. Of particular importance is making the transition to HTML5 if your site still uses Flash technology. A website incorporating up-to-date web trends just makes navigating your site a better user experience.
- It looks old. Nowadays, web design trends aim for a sleek user interface with clean looks and simple navigation. If your website is still cluttered with all sorts of information that makes you squint your eyes, it’s time to consider a redesign. Moreover, a modern-looking website feels safer and helps build trust with your visitors. A modern-looking website feels safer & helps build trust with visitors.
- It loads slowly. Having a slow-loading website will annoy visitors and even make them abandon your website if it takes too long to load (3 – 5 seconds). What’s more, your search engine ranking will also be affected negatively. If your site has this problem, start planning for a redesign or hire a web developer to make optimizations.
- Visitors are not converting. If this is happening, consider re-evaluating your goals and target audience and communicating your ideas to your web development and design team. They will implement modern calls to action to make it easier to convert visitors into customers.
- For higher search engine rankings. Your website needs to stay updated with recent search engine algorithms to increase your Google ranking. To do this, you must invest in search engine optimization (SEO) or follow the newest SEO trends. Although you don’t necessarily need a website redesign to improve your rankings, starting fresh will make the SEO process smoother.
- To add social media. If you run a business, you most likely have social network profiles for it. You must include these social profiles on your website to allow visitors who like your content to share it on the web.
- To add new features. If you plan to add new features to your website, such as a forum or blog, reconsider the design. Sometimes, these major features don’t feel seamlessly integrated into the whole website when added at a later time, but a redesign will change that.
When you decide to redesign your website, don’t let the difficulty of the project dishearten you. An experienced web design company, such as Bright Pink Agency, can help you with this endeavor. After all, a modern website is worth the investment if you are serious about your brand and business. At BrightPink Agency, we specialize in web design and development, including franchise web design. Contact us today for a free quote!