One of the first steps in implementing marketing for your business is figuring out whether to hire in-house or use outsourced marketing. It’s a difficult decision for most. Having an in-house marketing person can be invaluable if utilized correctly, but this option requires money and time to manage. They also need to have the right attitude, skillset, and experience.
Hiring an agency or consultant may require more money upfront. But it could allow you to work with a well-rounded group of specialists that know what they are doing, come with their own processes and methodologies, and will often improve your return on investment. Although it is a personal decision to pick the best solution for your company, there are several factors to consider.
Why Small Businesses Benefit the Most from Outsourcing Marketing Efforts
Small businesses are often strapped for cash, time, and resources. Marketing your small business is no different – most don’t have the budget to hire someone with enough experience in marketing their particular product or service. That is why it makes sense to outsource this job to a marketing agency that knows what they are doing.
Often for less than the cost of a full-time employee, outsourcing allows you access to several levels of support and experience, all at once. Hiring an agency engages various specialists who each focus on their different strengths, depending on your specific needs, including marketing strategy, SEO, SEM, content creation, graphic design, web development, technical support, social media, and more. This ensures that all of your avenues are covered, even if you only have one part-time person in-house working on your marketing efforts. For a small business, it can be priceless (and very reassuring!) to have this coordinated team effort focused on your marketing.
5 Considerations to Make When Choosing Between In-house and Outsourced Marketing
Both in-house and outsourced marketing options have benefits, but each also has points to ponder:
1. Affordability: Hiring an agency or consultant may help you save money over the long term. However, there may be more of an upfront cost when hiring outside the organization. In-house candidates with experience will expect top dollar.
2. Time: Small businesses are quick-moving. Time is always of the essence. If a team handles other clients as well, it’s possible for work to be queued for a period. In-house marketers trying to handle the entire workload may have both time and budgetary constraints to consider.
3. Talent: When selecting an agency or outsourced marketing partner for your business’s marketing efforts, ask specific questions about their knowledge of your particular field. Don’t forget to ask about their experience working on projects similar to yours. If you hire an in-house person instead, look closely at their skillset – what is their comfort and experience level? Someone with a great resumé who struggles when applying their knowledge to your company’s specific needs may not be a great fit.
4. Marketing Expertise: Agencies must show continuing results to their clients. This means they must be extremely well-versed in marketing. Most agencies have the staff to focus on all aspects – branding, web design and development, SEO, SEM, social media, etc. Whereas, an in-house person might hold only one piece of the puzzle.
5. Flexibility: Outsourced marketing agencies are often more willing to work with you on adjustments to your marketing strategy. They also offer new and fresh ideas and perspectives, tools, and resources for your company to use. An in-house marketer may have a limited scope of experience, thereby limiting what they can do.
Outsource Your Marketing with Bright Pink Agency and Let Us Help Your Business Flourish!
Bright Pink Agency has a team of talented, experienced marketers to help your company reach its growth potential. Our marketing experts can take care of any or all aspects of your marketing. We specialize in branding, website design and development, UX/UI, marketing strategy, content creation, SEO, social media outreach/management, email marketing, and more! We’ve helped hundreds of clients, including franchisors and franchisees, nonprofits, and other businesses establish or build thriving online presences; with both the tools and expertise, we can certainly do the same for you. Check out all of our services, and reach out today to see how we can best serve your business.