Considering that your website is one of the strongest marketing tools for your business, you should keep it useful and interesting at all times. Many factors contribute to the success of a website and its design is definitely one of them. However, as web trends come and go, your website’s design or functionality might not be on par with the current technological standards, especially if you haven’t made major changes to it in years. Listed below are ten big reasons to remake your website:
- You’ve gone through a rebranding process – your website must match the changes that your company has undergone during the rebranding process. When redesigning your website, make sure that both visual and textual elements of your new brand are reflected in your website.
- It can’t be updated easily with content – most sites built today are based on a Content Management System (CMS) that makes it simple to add new content without being technically savvy. When redesigning your website, be sure it is being rebuilt on a CMS. This way, whenever you need to freshen up your content with something relevant, a CMS will allow you to do it easily. As a plus, you won’t have to depend on a developer to edit code.
- It’s not responsive – having a website that works well on all platforms, such as desktop, mobile and tablet, is essential in a variety of aspects. Just recently, Google has announced that more than half of its searches happen on mobile devices. That says a lot about the importance of having a mobile-friendly website.
- It’s out of date – web technology has evolved rapidly in recent years and it’s continuing to do so. Of particular importance is making the transition to the reliable HTML5 if your site still uses Flash technology. Having a website that incorporates up-to-date web trends just makes navigating your site a better user experience.
- It looks old – nowadays, web design trends aim for a sleek user interface with clean looks and simple navigation. If your website is still cluttered with all sorts of information that makes you squint your eyes, it’s time to consider a redesign. Moreover, a modern-looking website feels safer and helps build trust with your visitors. [tweetthis twitter_handles=”@BrightPinkS” hidden_hashtags=”#webdesign” url=”http://tinyurl.com/h9qrgth”]A modern-looking website feels safer & helps build trust with visitors. [/tweetthis]
- It loads slowly – having a slow-loading website will annoy visitors and will even make them abandon your website if it takes too long to load (3 – 5 seconds). What’s more, your search engine ranking will also be affected in a negative way. If your site has this problem, start planning for a redesign or at least hire a web developer to make optimizations.
- Visitors are not converting – if this is happening, consider re-evaluating your goals and target audience and communicate your ideas to your web development and design team. They will implement modern Calls to Action in a way that makes it easier to convert visitors into customers.
- For higher search engine rankings – to increase your Google ranking, your website needs to stay up to date with recent search engine algorithms. To do this, you need to invest in search engine optimization (SEO) or at least follow the newest SEO trends. Although you don’t necessarily need a website redesign to improve your rankings, starting fresh will make the SEO process smoother.
- To add social media – if you are running a business, you most likely have social network profiles for it, as well. Naturally, you must include these social profiles in your website to allow visitors who like your content to easily share it across the web.
- To add new features – if you are planning to add new functionality to your website, such as a forum or a blog, you might want to reconsider the design, as well. Sometimes, these major features don’t feel seamlessly integrated into the whole website when added at a later time, but a redesign will change that.
When you do decide to redesign your website, try not to get discouraged by the difficulty of the task. An experienced web design company can help you with this endeavor. After all, a modern website is well worth the investment if you are serious about your brand and business.