You hired the best website design team and, after weeks of work, testing, and revising, your new website is ready. However, don’t open the champagne just yet. Your site won’t attract visitors or potential clients overnight. You’ll have to follow a website launch checklist and to invest in a marketing strategy.
Making people interested in what you’re offering is a process that involves a constant flow of efforts, especially in a market where there are many competitors. Here’s a website launch checklist you can put into practice to increase your website traffic:
Website Launch Checklist
- Use keywords that are relevant to your business, as well as reader-friendly language. Add fresh written content regularly in the form of a blog, for example.
- Submit your site to major search engines (Google, Bing, Yahoo!, etc.) using search engine submission tools. Google provides a free tool for this purpose. Your traffic is almost nonexistent if you’re not listed on search engines.
- Make your site responsive. Mobile Internet usage is extremely popular, so make your site mobile-friendly / responsive to increase traffic. Besides, Google penalizes non-mobile-friendly sites on mobile search rankings. Choose a responsive design if you want a single URL that works across all devices. You can even make an app, though that can cost you significantly more.
- Create business profiles on Google Business Profile, Yahoo!, Bing and Yelp. Include as many details about your location (if you have a physical location) or service area (if you’re online-based). In a nutshell, make it simple for visitors to find and contact you.
- Use Google Analytics to monitor the traffic on your site and make the best traffic-oriented decisions based on your findings. Google Analytics is a tremendous tool that helps you see what sources are generating traffic, what keywords are attracting visitors, which pages are the most visited, and much more.
- Use social networks, such as Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and YouTube, to create a dedicated fan base and boost your popularity on the web. Add captivating content on social networks regularly to keep your fans interested and make them engage with your content. Politely respond to comments, suggestions, and criticism.
- Ask people to review your products or services. More often than not, people make purchasing decisions based on other people’s reviews of the products or services they are interested in.
- Obtain backlinks and external links: Get links from respectable and relevant sites to your site. However, obtaining backlinks is one of the most difficult things to do in SEO. Make sure to also add external links to your site/content. Backlinks and external links will boost your search engine positions.
- Constantly update your site according to web technology trends. For your site to be successful, you must keep pace with the constant changes on the web. Moreover, your site will inevitably look outdated three years after its creation, so plan for future web design updates.
Finding new customers won’t be difficult if you do your best to promote your site following a strong marketing plan. As long as you’re consistent in your efforts, you’ll see the results you want sooner than you might expect.
At BrightPink Agency, we can provide your franchise or independent business with web design services. Contact us today for a free estimate.