Public Relations Specialist
Us: Are you awesome?
You: Of course I am.
Us: Are you looking for a great new opportunity to join a fun, award-winning team to help make the world a better place through marketing?
You: Yup, good, check.
Us: Are you also a great writer with a flair for PR and a ton of connections in the South Florida media community?
You: Yes!! Let’s talk!
Bright Pink Agency, a boutique marketing firm in Coral Springs, FL, is seeking an in-house, qualified Public Relations Specialist with the portfolio to prove it. We’re seeking a great fit for the team who shares our core values of Passion, Drive, and Empathy (with a great sense of humor, but that didn’t make the final cut at the Mission Statement meeting.)
Full-time, in-office (Coral Springs)
- Bachelor’s degree in English, Journalism, Public Relations, Marketing, or another related field
- A minimum of 2 years of PR experience
- Strong writing, editing, and communications skills; able to create client-facing materials; lover of AP Style
- Experience with pitching national and local media with proven results, both in consumer media and business & trade; consistently place clients in top tier media outlets
- Confident, well-spoken, comfortable interacting with reporters/editors, cold call pitching, and building and maintaining relationships with media and influencers
- Comfortable communicating directly and regularly with clients
- An avid consumer of all things media – news, social, blogs, video
- A strategic thinker able to lead projects or client initiatives, to seize opportunities and develop new and original media angles
- Strong understanding of analytical evaluations
- Values teamwork and consistently brings new ideas and solutions to the table
- Capable to multi-task, meet deadlines, and produce outstanding work in a fast-paced environment
- Are accountable and not afraid to share opinions and ask questions
- Desire to grow with the company and contribute to agency culture
You are well-connected with the media, can guide and support our team members, have excellent client interface abilities, and can communicate clearly and effectively, in a positive tone. A charming and witty personality is a huge bonus, as is the willingness to work hard for what you want.
- Manage and execute full PR efforts and account for monthly results
- Stay current on trends and a changing media landscape
- Fill & host press trips and media events
- Represent agency at client meetings
- Attend industry conferences and shows / Report learnings to Bright Pink Agency team
- Contribute to brainstorming sessions for client and agency initiatives
- Research topics and quickly grasp concepts
- Research media outlets and create targeted media lists for small and large market impact nationwide
- Develop pitches for news media around the country
- Pitch story ideas and news events to print, TV, and radio journalists/producers
- Assist with interviews, photoshoots and events
- Track and analyze traditional and social coverage for client impacts
- Research and develop community outreach plans including speaking engagements, awards, and partnerships
- Track editorial calendars for pitching opportunities
- Write project summaries and case studies
- Assist with writing proposals
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) is a major plus.
- Remote applicants will not be considered. This is an in-person role, reporting to the home office in Coral Springs.
- Strong references will be required.
- Are a creative marketing agency founded in 2008
- Are conveniently located in the Coral Springs Professional Campus, University & Westview Dr.
- Service clients throughout the US & Canada
- Are proud that when clients sign up with us, they’re with us for the long run
- Would like you to help us keep it that way
- Paid time off and sick days
- Company-sponsored retirement plan after 1 year
- The opportunity to work with our fun, creative, supportive, and ambitious team with tremendous growth opportunities.
Apply for the PR Specialist Role:
If you think you’re our needle in the South Florida haystack, please send us your resume and cover letter, along with a brief mock Press Release, as if you are announcing your new role at Bright Pink Agency (all REQUIRED, please and thank you) to careers@BrightPinkAgency.com.
Show us what you’ve got! We can’t wait to meet you.