You hired the best website design team and, after weeks of work, testing and revising, your new website is ready. However, don’t open the champagne just yet. Your site won’t attract visitors or potential clients overnight. You’ll have to invest in a marketing strategy. Making people interested in what you’re offering is a process that involves a constant flow of efforts, especially in a market where there are many competitors.
Below is a set of ideas you can follow to increase your website traffic:
- Use keywords that are relevant to your business, as well as reader-friendly language. Add fresh written content regularly in the form of a blog, for example.
- Submit your site to major search engines (Google, Bing, Yahoo!, etc.) using search engine submission tools. Google provides a free Search Console for this purpose. If you’re not listed on search engines, your traffic is almost inexistent.
- Make a mobile version of your site. Mobile Internet usage is extremely popular, so make your site mobile-friendly to increase traffic. Besides, Google penalizes non mobile-friendly sites on mobile search rankings. Choose a responsive design if you want a single URL that works across all devices. You can even make an app, though that can cost you significantly more.
- Get noticed on local searches through Google Places, Yahoo!, Bing and Yelp. Include as many details about your location (if you have a physical location) or service area (if you’re online-based). In a nutshell, make it simple for visitors to find and contact you.
- Use Google Analytics to monitor the traffic on your site and make the best traffic-oriented decisions based on your findings. Google Analytics is a tremendous tool that helps you see what sources are generating traffic, what keywords are attracting visitors, which pages are the most visited, and much more.
- Use social networks, such as Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn or YouTube, to create a dedicated fan base and boost your popularity on the web. Add captivating content on social networks regularly to keep your fans interested and make them engage with your content. Politely respond to comments, suggestions and criticism.
- Ask people to review your products or services. More often than not, people make purchasing decisions based on other people’s reviews of the products or services they are interested in.
- Use backlinks: include links from respectable sites in your site. Include your links in other sites, as well. Having other links in your site and vice-versa will boost your rank based on Google’s ranking algorithms.
- Constantly update your site according to the web technology trends of the day. For your site to be successful, you must keep pace with the constant changes of the web. Moreover, your site will inevitably look outdated 3 years (or less) after its creation, so plan in advance for its future web design updates.
If you do your best to promote your site following a strong marketing plan, finding new customers won’t be so difficult. As long as you’re consistent in your efforts, you’ll see the results you want sooner than you might expect.